Archive for January, 2019
Love Is… an Expositional Series on 1 Corinthians 13 Begins Sunday
During the month of February, we will be unpacking the entire chapter of 1 Corinthians 13. This great chapter on love is so needed in our personal lives and of course, in all segments of life today. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to invite someone to join you on Sunday. In fact, why don’t you send them a message right now with this graphic, inviting them to join you.
I Love My Church Day is Sunday, February 10
Every member of a small group, choir, band, volunteer team, missions group… mobilize and organize your life and group to be part of worship on Sunday, February 10. This is I LOVE MY CHURCH DAY! This is a fantastic day for us to see the church STRETCH as far as possible so we can experience one of the greatest days in our history. Just think about this: On the four campuses of Cross Church, each Sunday, we offer eleven services in two different languages. Nine of these services are in English and now we have a service offered in Spanish at both our Springdale and Pinnacle Hills campuses. God is working and growing Cross Church to His glory. Check out these testimonies from our Church Family about why they love Cross Church.
“I love my church because of its continual commitment to teach, and not deviate from, God’s Word.”
Rod Washington, Teacher/Coach
English: “I love my church because it is where I truly learned to have a personal relationship with God, and I feel safe to be myself.”
Spanish: “Amo a mi iglesia porque es donde realmente aprendí lo que es tener una relación personal con Dios, y donde me siento segura de ser yo misma.”
Sonia Villasenor, Dental Assistant
“I love Cross Church because it is where I have developed lifelong friendships centered on the truth of God’s Word!!”
Pam Joyce, Registered Nurse
“I love Cross Church because of the people and resources for my family and our students at Fayetteville Public Schools.”
Steve Janski, Director of Athletics
“God called me to the 2017 Men’s Conference to reveal himself to me. He gave me hope when I was lost. I heard pastor Ronnie Floyd’s invite for the Men’s Conference on KLRC. Somehow, I couldn’t say no, even when I was an atheist. I love Cross Church for helping me grow spiritually.”
Ravisekhar Kasukurthi, Software Engineer
America Needs Prayer in a Major Way Right Now
The most recent shutdown of the American government demonstrates the great need for prayer across America. That is why I want you to join me in praying for America this month. In my present role as President of the National Day of Prayer Task Force, I released 3 Prayer Priorities For America for the month of February. Please join us in prayer. Our nation needs prayer now more than ever before.
Men: Sign up Now for Our Northwest Arkansas Men’s Conference on February 24 at 5:30 p.m.
This year, we are altering the schedule for the Northwest Arkansas Men’s Conference, only scheduling it for one night. It will be Sunday, February 24, from 5:30–8:30 p.m. This year we will also be meeting at our Cross Church Fayetteville campus. Eat dinner before you come or bring your own food along. As you enter, you will receive a snack bag and a bottle of water to keep you going during the evening. It will be fast-paced and moving. Worship will be outstanding. As I lead this gathering, I am looking forward to hearing from Dr. Jarrrett Stephens, Teaching Pastor at Prestonwood Church in Dallas and Dr. Kie Bowman, Senior Pastor of Austin’s Hyde Park Baptist and The Quarries Church. These are outstanding preachers of God’s Word and we believe they will challenge each of us greatly. Invite a friend to come with you, bring your teenage sons and college students. We believe we will fill the room, so be sure to register now to reserve your spot.
See You Sunday,
Ronnie W. Floyd
Dear Friends Praying for America,
I believe America is in great need of prayer this month. Right now, determine to be faithful to pray for our nation during February.
Please share these requests with pastors, church leaders, intercessors in churches, ministries, and denominations. Additionally, share them with anyone who loves America.
People are hurting in America. Let’s pray for divine intervention in the present governmental crisis in America. Are you ready to go to God in prayer? Prioritize these requests during February.
Now is the Time to Lead and to Pray for America,
Ronnie W. Floyd
1. Ask God to lead our president and members of both houses of Congress to find a way to work together and avoid another shutdown of the American government.
“Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.” Jeremiah 29:7
- Sovereign God, please guide the heart of the president and members of both houses of Congress to come together to find a common resolution for the border crisis and funding of the United States government.
- Holy Spirit, would You build within the president and members of Congress a spirit of humility, respect for one another, a spirit of understanding, and a determination to cooperate for the common good of America.
- Our Father in Heaven, would you bring peace within the relationships among the members of Congress and the president and his entire team so they can reach a solution to this crisis by February 15.
- May each person seek the peace and prosperity of America, knowing when they do, each of them prospers.
- God our Provider, please take care of the many government workers and their families who endured a financial setback during the most recent shutdown of the government.
2. Call out to God for families, workplaces, communities, and cities in America to love one another.
“Dear friends, let us love one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.” 1 John 4:7
- When we belong to Jesus, we belong to love; therefore, call upon God for families, workplaces, communities, and cities in America to know that love is always God’s way.
- Call families, workplaces, communities, and cities to look to God, who is love, so they can experience the transforming power of love.
- Ask God for America’s families, workplaces, communities, and cities to begin to choose love and forgiveness, love and restitution, love and healing, love and unity, and a future transformed by the power of unconditional love.
- Ask God to raise up a Love One Another movement across America.
3. Appeal to God to mobilize leaders of towns and cities, as well as leaders of churches, businesses, schools, and denominations to have a prayer observance for America on Thursday, May 2, 2019.
“Love one another. Just as I have loved you,” John 13:34
- Lord, we call upon You to mobilize leaders of towns and cities, as well as leaders of churches, businesses, schools, and denominations to have a prayer observance on the National Day of Prayer on Thursday, May 2, and focus on the theme LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
- Oh God, we ask You to create and build a mighty force of volunteers across the country to do all they can to insure we have thousands of prayer observances across America in all kinds of settings on the National Day of Prayer on May 2, 2019.
- Lord Jesus Christ, raise up hundreds of people who will support the National Day of Prayer Task Force financially to give no less than $500,000 together to this national ministry before May 30, so we can supply the needs of thousands of gatherings across the nation, as well as in the nation’s capitol. (You can give online at: nationaldayofprayer.org or mail a gift to: PO Box 64225, Colorado Springs, CO 80962.)
- Holy Spirit, lead Dr. Ronnie Floyd, President of the National Day of Prayer Task Force, as well as the rest of the staff and volunteers to do all they can to lead this national prayer movement to pray for America.