I love you Cross Church! You are an amazing people of God. As I write these words, it is early Thursday morning, May 16, before my final Sunday with you as Senior Pastor on May 19. Already this week has been encouraging and emotional. Since Sunday morning early:
- Jeana and I have walked out of the worship centers of two campuses for the last time in our present role; special places where we have shared so many great moments with God’s people.
- Jeana and I spent hours on Monday afternoon with our entire staff team that we have loved so dearly and have invested in consistently for almost 33 years. Just think:
- For 31 summers in a row, we have conducted a staff advance for our Ministerial Staff and their spouses.
- For 32+ years, Jeana has met once a month, most months during the year with our staff wives.
- Jeana met with our staff wives for the final time on Tuesday, and on Tuesday evening together we received the first ever Legacy Award at an incredible event at Shiloh Christian School.
- So many things were noted regarding our years investing in our school, which has grown to become one of the finest academic schools in Arkansas and across America, as well as noted for their world-class athletics programs, all founded and supported with a strong biblical commitment centered our Christ our Lord.
- One thing noted is a commitment God put in my heart over a decade ago: that every student, before graduating from our school, would be given a global missions trip to share the gospel in a foreign culture and land. Since that was initiated, we have now mobilized over 1,100 high school students of Shiloh Christian School in over sixty trips into countries all over the world, with hundreds coming to Christ and these students forever shaped by global missions regardless of where they attend school in the future.
- Jeana and I spent time with people at a Wednesday night reception for at least three and closer to four hours—what a night. Honestly, every day has been filled with tears and last night at the reception, Jeana and I experienced continual weeping at the lives changed, the stories shared, and moved greatly by the faithfulness of so many people through the years.
Yes, Cross Church, Ronnie and Jeana Floyd love you. When we leave you Sunday in our final service together, we will be leaving family. The great news is that when we return to visit, we are coming home to our family again. One day, we will ultimately be reunited in the Holy city of Heaven.
Sunday will be Fantastic: Cross Church Worships Together in One Major Worship Service on the Campus of the University of Arkansas in Bud Walton Arena
This Sunday, all four campuses and all eleven services will meet together at Bud Walton Arena on the campus of the University of Arkansas. Join us at 9:30 a.m. and bring the whole family. Childcare will be provided for birth through pre-K. Ages kindergarten and up will join our Cross Church family for this legacy worship service. Do NOT use any excuses to miss this day — it will be special!
I Will Preach My Final Message to You on Sunday Morning – Please do not Miss it
God has given me a word for us from His Holy Word of God, the Bible. With the growing, continuing, somber reality of our time with you coming to an end, I will preach the treasures of Christ and His Word that will prepare us for the future days ahead. Yes, while each of us will be in distinctive places and new roles in God’s family, we will still be in mission together as we have been for almost thirty-three years: Reaching the World for Christ!
Cross Church Will Not be Without a Senior Pastor for One Moment
After thirty-two years and seven months, this will be mine and Jeana’s last service as your Senior Pastor and wife. But Cross Church will not be without a Senior Pastor for one moment. Toward the final part of the service, I will hand over the leadership of our great church to Dr. Nick Floyd. Then, Pastor Nick will lead the church to commission me from our church as I take on my new calling as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Executive Committee on Monday, May 20. This is a testament to our church family and our church’s Board of Directors and church leaders, understanding that Cross Church is the family of God and does not belong to any one of us, but to God alone.
The Summer Program of Giving Begins This Sunday, May 19, and Goes Through Sunday, September 1: Remember, we cannot receive an offering this Sunday, so give online or mail your weekly gift of generosity into our church office before Sunday!
This year only, we will add one Sunday of giving emphasis to our Summer Program of Giving. Why? On Sunday, May 19, as we meet for worship together at Bud Walton Arena, we are not permitted to take an offering. Therefore, we are trusting the Lord for you to give in advance of this Sunday or an make up your giving the following Sunday, give online, or mail your offering to 1709 Johnson Road, Springdale, AR 72762. Please be diligent and faithful in this task. Summer is a busy time of ministry and life change for Cross Church in Northwest Arkansas, America, and the world, and we cannot do it without your generosity.
Go to the Holy Land with Us in 2020: June 29 – July 8
Dr. Nick and Meredith Floyd, your new Senior Pastor and wife by 11:30 CT on Sunday morning, will lead a trip we have already planned. Yes, Jeana and I are still going! All along, we have been planning to lead this trip together with Nick and Meredith, so that will make this trip even more special for anyone who determines to go with us. We will know more on cost later, but for now, set aside the dates: Monday, June 29 through Wednesday, July 8, 2020.
Cross Church Family, One Thousand Thank Yous!
Words cannot express what I feel today about you and for you. What a special bond and connection we share together. I am confident some pastors and churches are looking at all of this and wondering if all this is really true. Well, it is.
Yes, God has extended to me a new and wonderful assignment for next season in ministry, one that is limitless in reach and leadership opportunities for the gospel to be taken across the world. Yet, we leave you, our forever family. We have poured ourselves out to you for thirty-two years and seven months as your senior pastor and Jeana as the first lady of our dear church.
We have laughed together, wept together, grieved together, and ministered together all over this world to God’s glory, always forwarding the advancement of the gospel here, across America and the entire world. We have celebrated powerful spiritual moments and special occasions that only God Himself could afford us. What a ride! What a joy! What a mighty God we serve!
From the depths of my heart, I love you. Serving as your pastor has truly been a great spiritual and powerful experience for me. I give all glory and praise to the Lord. On Sunday, I will commend you to your next senior pastor, who we believe will lead you to places we have never been before!
To God alone be all the glory!
I Love You,
Ronnie W. Floyd
Senior Pastor, Cross Church