Archive for February, 2018
As we are praying for and advancing the call to unity in the church and in America on the 2018 National Day of Prayer on Thursday, May 3, we also set our focus on three specific prayer needs in America each month.
As we enter March 2018, I am asking you and your ministry to join us in praying for these three prayer priorities for our nation. How awesome it would be if we could mobilize thousands of ministries and churches to unite in prayer for the United States of America. Please share these with friends, pastors, churches, denominations, networks, ministries, and Christian media.
Whatever your level of influence may be, please do all you can to forward these major prayer priorities everywhere you go. Let’s agree to pray for these priorities in this manner for America:
1. Pray fervently for the security of our nation and for our schools, churches, and all public venues.
“The one who lives under the protection of the Most High dwells in the shadow of the Almighty.” Psalm 91:1
- Lord, we plead with You to protect our schools, churches, and all public venues in our nation.
- Father, restrain all evil in America, keeping us from further tragedies and pain.
- Holy Spirit, comfort all persons who lost loved ones in the recent tragic school shooting in Florida as well as others that have occurred recently.
- Father, move upon the President and his Cabinet, the members of Congress, as well as Governors of our states and their legislators, and local leaders in our communities, to work together to come to a common understanding and actions that will lead to securing our schools in the future.
- Most High God, we ask You to protect us from the ongoing threats from North Korea and move us to a peaceful resolution soon.
- Great God, we ask You to restrain all evil and secure our nation from all external enemies.
- Almighty God, we plead with You alone, move America to pursue God again and live under the protection of the Most High God.
2. Pray for unity among all ethnicities and people in America. #PRAY4UNITY
“For he is our peace, who made both groups one and tore down the dividing wall of hostility.” Ephesians 2:14
- Since each of us is made in the image of God, we each bear His image regardless of the color of our skin or the uniqueness of our ethnicity.
- Through the death of Jesus Christ on the cross, He has torn down the wall of division among all ethnicities and people.
- In God alone, we unify and live in peace with one another; standing as one people against all racial and ethnic division, denouncing it as sin and not God’s will.
- God, raise up men and women who will call for, forward, and begin to take actions to advance unity in America.
3. Pray for God to move supernaturally in all prayer observances and gatherings on the National Day of Prayer on Thursday, May 3, 2018. #PRAY4UNITY
“They all were continually united in prayer.” Acts 1:14
“When the day of Pentecost had arrived, they were all together in one place.” Acts 2:1
- God, move upon all churches, denominations, church networks, ministries, generations, ethnicities, and languages to participate in or lead prayer observances on the National Day of Prayer.
- Lord Jesus, call upon all leaders of schools, government, businesses, cities, and communities in America to create thousands of gatherings that will saturate their regions in prayer for unity in America.
- Father, mobilize all media outlets and social networking to do all they can to forward the thousands of National Day of Prayer gatherings in their region and our National Observance on May 3, from the United States Capitol Building’s Statuary Hall, in Washington, DC from 7:30-9:30 p.m. EDT.
- Holy Spirit, exponentially increase National Day of Prayer observances in every town, city, and county in this nation.
- Lord God of Heaven, place your Spirit’s anointing upon Dr. Ronnie Floyd, our President of the National Day of Prayer Task Force, as he provides leadership and oversight of this national prayer vision for America, mobilizing as many people as possible.
- Father Who Owns Everything, we call upon You alone to mobilize major financial resources this month so the National Day of Prayer Task Force can advance mobilizing all of America to pray for America.
Bless each of you as you join us in this grand vision for the National Day of Prayer on Thursday, May 3, 2018.
Now is the Time to Lead and Pray for America,
Dr. Ronnie W. Floyd
As our volunteers begin to prepare for the thousands of National Day of Prayer observances across the country on Thursday, May 3, I want to encourage you to close your observance with the entire congregation praying The 2018 National Prayer for America aloud together.
Each year, the National Day of Prayer Task Force creates a national prayer to be used in each gathering across the country. Under the leadership of the Holy Spirit, I have written The 2018 National Prayer for America.
Imagine every person in thousands of National Day of Prayer observances across the country praying the same prayer aloud in agreement.
- Praying aloud will be like a beautiful symphony of diverse voices as we pray for the United States of America. It also takes this public prayer observance to a new level of involving every person in praying publicly.
- Praying in agreement is a strong demonstration of the unity we are asking God for in America in 2018. Praying in agreement strengthens each of us as we express the same prayer with our diverse voices from across the nation.
- Praying The 2018 National Prayer for America unifies our focus and prioritizes our greatest needs as we call out to the Father. While each prayer observance is different due to our own local and state context, it is the national prayer that sends each person from their gathering with a strong remembrance of praying for unity in America.
The 2018 National Prayer for America
Here is The 2018 National Prayer for America. Please take the time to read it and begin to pray this prayer for America.
THE 2018 NATIONAL PRAYER FOR AMERICA
Our Dear Heavenly Father, while we come to You in complete humility, we also come to You with boldness in the authoritative name of Your One and Only Son, Jesus Christ, who is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. In Jesus’ name, fill us now with Your Holy Spirit and lead us as we pray in Jesus’ name for America.
Oh God, we are burdened for our nation today. We turn from the sins that we have committed against your Word and your Name. We turn away from our contentious words and ways toward one other that has led us to division and polarization. We turn away from our disrespect and lack of dignity toward each other, and we turn away from our continual devaluation of all human life from the womb until death in this world. We also turn away from and refuse to participate in skepticism, criticism, and cynicism in our nation. We turn away from anything that divides us, and we run toward the gospel of Jesus Christ that is the only thing that has the power to unite us together.
Lord, in this critical hour in our nation, we pray for unity in America. Only You can bring unity, harmony, and oneness in America. As your Word calls us in Ephesians 4:3, “Making every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace”, we ask You to empower us to make every effort to live in unity, to call for unity, and to forward unity in America continually.
We pray for the churches in America to unify in Jesus Christ and to pray as one unified spiritual family for America. May Your Church pray for America passionately, perpetually, privately, and publicly.
We pray for God’s power to unify families, workplaces, communities, and cities in America. By Your Spirit, lead us to forgiveness, reconciliation, healing, and unity.
We pray for people of all ethnicities and races in America to come together as one, living in peace and unity together. Oh Lord, because each of us is created in Your image, please give us the courage to stand against all racial and ethnic division, denouncing it as evil and sinful, while simultaneously coming together in unity with all persons knowing this is God’s will for us.
We pray in unity for the security of our nation. We ask You to preserve the United States of America from the forces of evil that are threatening our lives and our future. God, please guard all persons in public and private settings from anyone or anything that desires to harm us or take our lives. Our future is in Your hands.
We agree clearly, unite visibly, and pray extraordinarily for the next Great Spiritual Awakening in America. Oh Lord, wake up Your church spiritually and convict Your people to agree clearly, unite visibly, and pray extraordinarily until the next Great Spiritual Awakening occurs in our generation.
Oh God, we stand together upon Your words in Psalm 133:1, “How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in harmony.” Through Jesus’ name and by the Holy Spirit’s power, we pray for all Americans to unify and to live together in unity.
In the mighty and majestic name of Jesus Christ who is the Only Savior and the Only Hope in this world, we pray. Amen.
Now is the Time to Lead and to Pray,
To request an interview with Dr. Ronnie Floyd
contact Gayla Oldham at (479) 751-4523 or email email@example.com.