This Week at Cross Church | Cross Church, Post-SBC, and Leadership

Today, I want to share several things with you.

Cross Church

We are moving into one of our busiest seasons here at Cross Church. We have VBX at each of our campuses; in fact, our Springdale campus finishes up today. And next week, several hundred high school students are going to our student camp in Destin, Florida.

Hope For America-blogAdditionally, on June 29, we look forward to our fabulous Summer Freedom Celebration, Hope for America: The Next Great Awakening, in the morning at each of our campuses, and then on Sunday late afternoon and evening, our Fireworks at the Crosses. These are fabulous opportunities for you to engage and bring others with you. This entire day is a day that each member can feel great about bringing guests.

Fireworks-blogRemember, on June 29, prior to our Fireworks at the Crosses and after some great music, I will be baptizing beneath the crosses. Last year, I had the privilege to baptize over 100 people in this setting. I hope you will be here to experience this special time. If you have demonstrated faith in Jesus Christ already and are awaiting baptism, this is a wonderful opportunity for you to follow through on your decision. It would be a joy to baptize you. Go here to learn more or register for baptism.

Post-SBC

I want to thank each of you who have begun to pray for me daily. I have received some cool text messages from parents who are teaching their children to pray for me since I am now serving as the President of the Southern Baptist Convention. Prayer is my #1 need, so thank you for being faithful to pray.

Columbus-blogI want you to catch the vision of what God has placed on my heart. Each Monday, my blog will be targeted to the Southern Baptist Convention. Therefore, please read my blog each Monday or sign up to have it sent straight to your email by filling out the “Subscribe” box in the right column. My first article, The Call to Columbus, was published this past Monday. Please take time to read it today.

So what is happening right now? I am getting matters in place strategically and responding to speaking requests. Much is going on. I am told that during the month of July, things slow down in SBC life; time will tell! God is opening many doors, and I must have discernment about what I can and cannot do.

Leadership

Speaking of leadership, we need each of you to step up to leadership in our fellowship. A leader has influence and everyone has some level of ability. Will you step up to the challenge and use your leadership skills for the glory of God? There are many areas of ministry where you are needed.

VBX-blogMany of you have engaged this week, with over 170 leaders volunteering for VBX to the glory of God. Not only did we break our five-year attendance record on Monday at the Springdale campus, we broke it again on Tuesday. Because of your service and leadership, we have had record attendance and over 50 children have made professions of faith just this week.

Additionally, we need the leadership of the Holy Spirit in our lives. As I am pursuing the God of Heaven daily, I want the leadership of the Holy Spirit. Let’s pray for one another to be filled and led by the Holy Spirit.

This week, let’s follow God’s leadership and be witnesses for Jesus Christ. We will NOT be ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation to everyone who believes. Lead forward by sharing the gospel with someone this week.

Yours for the Great Commission,

Ronnie W. Floyd