From September 30 at 6:30 p.m. through October 1 at 12:00 p.m., 178 Senior Pastors from 25 states across our country will be gathering for serious prayer and intercession relating to revival and awakening in the lives of pastors, churches, and our nation. We believe God is calling Pastors to stand in the gap for His people about revival and awakening. We are praying that if God so wills, this gathering could become the catalyst for the next great move of God in our land.
Interest continues to grow
The interest continues to grow for this prayer gathering. If airline costs were more reasonable, there is no telling how many people would be able to attend. Our rooms are sold out, but there is still space for a few more to participate in the prayer gathering, even though you may have to stay in another hotel. You can register to participate in this prayer gathering here.
How you can pray for this gathering
This is a gathering for Senior Pastors of Southern Baptist churches. By no means is exclusivity our goal, but we really felt we needed to begin with Senior Pastors of local churches with the commonality of pastoring Southern Baptist churches.
I have been asked how laypeople and other pastors can pray for us. Some churches are organizing to pray for our gathering. They realize the significance of pastors from across the nation coming together for the purpose of praying for revival and awakening. Therefore, let me offer a few suggestions:
- Pray for God to give us a vision for spiritual revival and awakening.
- Pray for God to give us a burden for spiritual revival and awakening.
- Pray for God to reveal sin and the need for personal repentance.
- Pray for God to lead us to the filling of His Spirit and all the fullness He brings.
- Pray for the Lord to revive His pastors, His church, and awaken America.
- Pray for God to use our prayer gathering to speak to us and use us in any capacity as a catalyst for national revival and awakening.
- Pray for God to empower our pastors to pray for and move towards the ultimate fulfillment of the Great Commission: presenting the gospel to the entire world and making disciples of all the nations.
Dear friends, use this as a few thoughts to pray, but overall, pray as God directs you. We mainly need you to pray, and pray more for this gathering. We want to see God do a great work among and through us.
Pray for me. I have a real blessing, but an enormous challenge before me in leading and facilitating this gathering. Will you pray for me? I must be able to listen to God and move our gathering to where He desires us to go. We will be Word-based and Christ-centered, but we also want to be Spirit-led. I want us to follow God. These 178 pastors from 25 states are not coming to Southlake, Texas (DFW Region) for a preaching conference, but for a real, live-action prayer gathering. We are gathering to pray. Therefore, I confess humbly: I really need you to pray for me. Thanks for joining us in this prayer journey.
Yours for the Great Commission,
Ronnie W. Floyd