Our First Eleven Students in the Cross Church School of Ministry

On Sunday, we introduced our first class for the Cross Church School of Ministry to our Cross Church Family. From five different states across the country, God has brought this inaugural class to us. It was an epic moment for our church to see this vision come to reality.

Just Seven Months Ago

Just seven months ago, I stood before our church family and cast the vision for this school. I stated we had zero students and did not know how many we would have, but regardless, we would give God praise. All I knew is God had put in my heart the vision for the school and who was to lead it.

clip_image001.jpgDr. Jeff Crawford

By faith, Dr. Jeff Crawford left his pastorate at the Grand Avenue Church in Fort Smith, Arkansas, and became our first President. Since February, he has worked with academic institutions as well as many of us at Cross Church, carving the specificities of this vision. One student at a time, Dr. Crawford has cast the vision to that which was, at that time, nothing more than a vision in our hearts. His diligence to stay on task as he was working through endless details has resulted in our first eleven students.

One-Year Ministry Residency

Just as a medical doctor would spend a season of time in his medical training in a hospital, we have eleven ministers in residence with us for one year. We will pour into them, but much more important, we will lead them to do ministry, holding them accountable and preparing them to be used by God. For this residency, they are able to earn either master’s or bachelor’s level hours toward their desired degree. We have established partnerships with 12 different academic institutions.

Introducing our First Class

SchoolOfMinistryStudentsFlyer SchoolOfMinistryStudentsFlyer2

Two More Minutes Before You Go

There are two very important things I want to challenge you to look at and learn from. First, we have produced a short video to demonstrate one of the major reasons we are doing this school of ministry. Please take the time to watch it here. Also, I do hope you will navigate through our Cross Church School of Ministry website at crosschurchschool.com.

Send Us Your Students Next Year

We are already working on our class for 2014-2015. Therefore, send us your students. We will help them compliment their academic preparation with real ministry preparation. It is our hope that when they leave our school, we will launch a team of ministers that are ready to advance the gospel globally. We are one local church preparing people from all over the world to go to the ends of the earth to advance the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Yours for the Great Commission,

Ronnie W. Floyd